Upgrade* i guess*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
ok, i was gonna build the most awsome Machine there was for 1500 but... stuff has came up. and i have a AMD XP 2600+ with abit KD7 Motherboard with 512 PC3200 Memory and a Seagate 40gb Harddrive. and a Nvidia FX5200 video card.... eww the video card sucks. and i have a 425Watt PSU. and i was wondering if my system could handle a Nvidia 6600GT 500/1000 Speed 128mb. and was thinking of gettin a bigger harddrive mayb 80gb? and a good black monitor. and mayb update memory to 1gig but dont know yet. but will the 6600GT work with my computer. i just need to upgrade from my garbage video card.
and does the card has to plug into ur PSU at all? or is it just a single AGP?

my HD dont support SATA... i swore i have a Sata HD right now. i have the Abit KD7 Series.

and btw why was some kid tellin me on here that if i had a system lower then 2800+ that the card would run slow or something? i have a 2600+ AMD but my comp is pretty fast.

I don't know who told you that, but that sounds very false. Also I looked at the specs on your motherboard and it doesn't support sata... Unless you have a sata connector that you are using right now, you can't be using a sata hdd.

well i dont understand then cause was reading my Motherboard Manual it said SATA ata150.. i thought thats Sata isnt it? mayb i do have a ATA100 or ATA133. cause when i got a HD i didnt know about how fast each HD was by its specs but now i do heh.

and also if i update my comp gonna buy a new case and transfer my Old Motherboard and CPU too new case and add 512 more memory and the new HD and the new Video card with a new DVD+RW and a new DVD rom drive. do you think all that would work well?

Yea it should work fine... Do you have the exact part number for your Mobo? Also what ram do you have, and how much were you looking to spend on ram?

i don't have the Part number. but right now i have PC3200 400 512mb its Ultra brand its a Tigerdirect brand or whatever but for a whole year it has gave me NO problems. and it seems fast. i was just gonna buy another stick of that for 59.99 bucks. didn't want to spent no more than that since i already have the other 512mb ram which is Ultra too.

hmm on my Abit box it says ATA 133 Fast drives so i guess my Mobo only supports ATA 133?

Yea I have searched Abit's site thoroughly and can't find anywhere where it says it supports sata...

well im thinking of gettin the following.

a case which has 500w PSU which has 5 LED fans its a nice case for 159.99

a ATA 133 or ATA100 120GB hd for 80-100 dollers

XFX nvidia 6600GT 500/1000 128mb Video card 240.00

512mb pc3200 400 memory 59.99

DVD+RW 114.99

DVD drive 26.00

and transfering motherboard and CPU i think it will a alright updated comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom