Updating Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimey

Baseband Member
how do i update the bios? i got some files from www.driverguide.com but i dont know where to put them. also i need to update my bios flash utility.

if you know how to or know any sites could you please tell me

you have to go to the motherboard manufacturers site and get the latest bios update from them. Download it and then follow instructions, you have to put it on a bootable disk so find a floppy and format it. That is just basic go to the site for more help.

AMIBIOS does have any downloads:(

i have this informaition...:

BIOS String info:
An AMIBIOS ID String Was Detected:

62-1113-009999-00101111-071595-440BXSMC

AMIBIOS ROM Size: 256 KB

BIOS Build Date: Jul 15 1995

Motherboard Manufacturer Code: 9999Not listed in MAN.DAT file

AMIBIOS Build Tag: M773MR

AMIBIOS Project ID: M773MR Not listed in TAG.DAT file

DO NOT go to http://www.driverguide.com to get your update. You have to goto the manufacture's site and get the update for your EXACT model and version of motherboard. You will need 2 diskettes. One to create a boot disk, and the other for the BIOS update.

Restart and boot into DOS. Insert the diskette with the update, and flash the BIOS. Read the instructions from the manufacture's site as you may need a certain string to attach to the command.

Once the BIOS is updated... Power off the computer. Clear the CMOS by switching the jumper on the motherboard. Power on your computer and reconfigure the BIOS and you are good to go!

Goodluck! I hope this helped.

I downloaded the .rom file from the proper site (pcchipsusa.com) and i dont know where to put this file.

How do I find out what version of AMI Flash BIOS Utility I need?

Grimey said:
how do i update the bios? i got some files from www.driverguide.com but i dont know where to put them. also i need to update my bios flash utility.

if you know how to or know any sites could you please tell me

some mobo provide software/program for u to update BIOS online. Such as Asus Update etc. This save a lots of time.

They have the procedure but i cant find the Flash Utility anywhere on their site..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom