Not open for further replies.

gammacrush2000

Baseband Member
i have the old Gateway essential667 computer p3 667mhz and i am thinking
of upgrading my motherboard to a pentium4 or amd athlon. but i'm
thinking about the size of the case too. I want to know a list of
pentium4 motherboards or athlon boards that will fit perfectly into this
case. ty,

Just get a new case. That model is a compact type system. They removed the darn serial / parallel ports to make it smaller.

While it's nice to have small computers, you sacrafice size for performance. If you don't have a lot of cash to dump in a case, check out www.colorcases.com or any other online dealer. But I suggest upgrading.

Another reason is this, you'll need a new power supply for a P4 or Athlon. If this IS a micro AT/ATX case, then you won't be able to fit a regular 350w power supply into it.

I already have a micro-atx computer with a p3,(but i don't know the amount of watts it uses)Do you know?

Also, how many watts for an athlonxp?

ty

lmao, i got only a 90watt power supply for my current,
pentium3 667mhz
256mb sdram
80gigs maxtor hdd
integrated graphics,

for the system i want,
athlon xp 2600+
512mb ddr sdram
80gigs maxtor hdd
GeForce mx 5200 128mb agp

I will need,a 340-400 watt power supply ! dats alot!

you couldnt run that with 90w, it aint possible i assumed you had a cd-rom and sound card, and the minmun was 203w

No, you'll need a PW around 350 watts minamum.

And if you want those other toys, get a bigger case. There's a reason you don't see many high end XP chips in Mini ATX cases. Between the cpu and the vid card and the 2 fans you can fit in there, your case temps will be huge. Not good.

You can get a cheap case for $40 at your local computer store. This will be your best bet. And getting a 350W p/w for a mini ATX case is possible, you'll spend more on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom