Unusual graphics card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumbosized

Beta member
Most people upgrade their graphics cards to compete with graphics in newer games but I present a different problem. I currently own a ATI AiW 8500DV and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a combination of pci that I could use to get dual VGA support along with what ATI calls MulTView. It seems to me that I would need to buy their 9600 AiW to get MulTView but I am unsure. Thanks for any advice given.

does you 8500 have a DVI output? if it does you can purchase inexpensive DVI-to-VGA adapters and have a dual VGA support. its what one of my friends had to do to hook up dual CRT monitors on his 9800 Pro.

It does have a DVI output but when the card is plugged into the mobo the DVI output becomes the main port for output and the VGA port on the mobo will not be recognized. I currently have a DVI-to-GA adapter in which my monitor is currently using. Would there be some sort of Y apadter that I could add on to it for the dual monitor support?

no that wouldnt work, most newer cards have on VGA and one DVI port, so to use 2 monitors you just use a converter on one of them and VOILA you have 2 VGA ports to use for dual display... so your 9600 AiW should support this, just look on its specs and see if it says 1 DVI AND 1 VGA... good luck man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom