Unlocking pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

softhunder

Baseband Member
Hi.
I was about to order leadtek 6600gt which costs about 2000 kr here in Sweden but today while browsing i just found Leadtek 6800LE and its just 300 krona more.
I m a little confused. I know that if i can unlock that 6800 pipes then it will give me alot better performance but i have never unlocked the pipes and have no clue how to do that and what if i cant do it . Is it worth paying 300 krona more for 6800LE?
And about unlocking pipes, Is it a hardware thing or can i do it with some software?

ok i was in the same boat the 6800le sucks not hte greatest go with the 6600gt or the normal 6800 leadtek is a nice company. unlocking the pipes i dont know about.

I reado often in these forums and i think i have read that 6800 Le is alot better than 6600gt if you can open the pipes but i m yet to know that how does it perform without unlocking the pipes.

Woud appreciate some more comments

unlocking more pipes give more performnace and the 6800le doesnt come slose to the 6600gt unlock and Ocing abled. the normal 6800 has more performance gain from unlocking the pipes but sence you are looking from 6600gt - 6800le your best bet would be 6600gt.

I would stay away from the 6800le - There is no guarantee of unlocking the pipelines as they are not tested for being working. The 6800 has 16 pipelines avaliable, but with 4 of those being locked.

To unlck them you will need to download rivatuner from www.guru3d.com

Stick with the 6600gt or 6800 vanilla/gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom