Unlocking Pipelines on 6800 nu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
i heard that u can unlock the extra 4 pipelines with riva tuner....i have riva tuner but dont know how to do it......does anyone know how?

thanks

I don't think it's possible since the 6800 only comes with 12 pipelines. Your talking about unlocking something that isn't even there.

The GT does have 16 pipelines but the 6800 only has 12. That's why the GT is kickin so much ass right now in the gaming industry. I should know, I have one.

i knew that but by seeing the numbers 6800 i assumed it was the 6800 GT... i was wrong, will you forigve me!?!?

i think ppl have said thats more rumor with nvidia then actual truth..

ATI has done this.. thy have used defective high end cards as standard cards, since all of the piplines wernt intact.. if nvidia had doesn the same now with the 6800, chancess are, u do not have 4 extra pipes. maybe 1 or 2. and the risk of u just rendering your card worthless instead of getting more pipes, not realy worth it.

its true that there may be a coupl standard 68's out there with 4 extra pipes, but y would thy go threw the trouble of disabling a card with 16 pipe's just to run one with 12... my guess is, that u will probably get struck by lightning b4 u run a cross a standard 68 with 16 actual pipes that have no defects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom