Unknown partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscJockey

Solid State Member
Im soppose to have 2 different drives, C: and D:\

but when i check the D: on Computer Management, all i see is

Healthy (Unknown Partition)

Is there any way i can access this drive, all my important files are stored in it :|

how could i merge it? any specific instructoins/tools would be appreciated thanks

will i lose any data if i do merge it?

when i try to change the Driver letter with Partitin Magic, it works only 50% of the files i can access and then theres an error..

have you got any data on D drive, or not yet?

you will need to format it if it hasn't already, but if you have, make DOS boot disk, the boot from it and type fdisk, then set the partition to active. unplug your C: when you do this, so you don't accidently screw that one up

i done sommat wrong, i set the unknown partition as active and now i only got access to MS-DOS how do i set the C: back to active from dos??

help!!!

Pm boot disc or drive image cd. the hidden partition was probably your system recovery files

Well that's why when running partition magic they tell you to make restore disks. If you didn't I believe you've gone and made a SNAFU. Don't know of a way you can set it back to active, but you should be able to run partition magic through dos.

Check out http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

That CD has TONS of tools from drive diagnostic, to partitioning, to memory testing, all sorts of stuff

with the Pm boot disc or drive image cd, they both have an option to boot back to the other partition. when he set the hidden one active, it automatically hid the C drive. he needs to unhide it.

ahh, didn't know what you were talking about, just now realized the PM stood for partition magic boot disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom