Uninstalling graphics card Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twalker323

Baseband Member
i have a windows vista x64
my gpu is MSI ATI r4850.

i want to completely uninstall my ati driver and reinstall it.. but i am really scared i am going to screw up. Can someone give me step by step directions on how to uninstall properly?

i have a windows vista x64
my gpu is MSI ATI r4850.

i want to completely uninstall my ati driver and reinstall it.. but i am really scared i am going to screw up. Can someone give me step by step directions on how to uninstall properly?

do i go into control panel>device manager>Display adapter>ATI r4850 then right click on it and click uninstall to get rid of the driver?

uh, arent you supposed to use those programs AFTER you uninstall it manually? then run it to get it completely cleaned off?

uh, arent you supposed to use those programs AFTER you uninstall it manually? then run it to get it completely cleaned off?

Yes, you uninstall it from the Control Panel, reboot into Safe Mode, and then run DriverCleanerPro. Reboot back into Windows, install your drivers, and there you go.

I haev used DCP to remove the driver even while within Windows without removing it first. Still works flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom