un splitting a harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i have 1 harddrive thats split into to a drive C and a drive D the c is normal one like always and the D is backup is there a way 2 combine the d into c so it can just be 1 full 200 gb harddrive instaed of to 100 gb please respond asap ty!!

you must have a program that can alter partitions in windows or you must boot off of your windows XP disc, delete both partitions, create 1 partition, then re-install windows.

go to bios, set the first boot device to cd-rom

then when you exit and save your comp will restart. watch for it to say "boot from cd..." or something, then press enter.

it will go to a blue screen and start loading windows.

after a while it will say something... press enter, then when it says a whole page of something else... press f8.

on the next screen press the escape key.

from there you can follow the directions in deleting and creating the partitions.

(WARNING!!! you will loose everything on the hard drive WARNING!!!)

ahhh. i dont think he needs do all that

i think he can just go to /control pannel/administrative tools/comp manager/diskmanager.... select the second partition (aka D:drive) delete it, then right click or something on the first partition (aka C:drive) and expand that volume to use up the rest of the Disk making C: = the 200gb's.

that way he will only loos information on the D partition, and he doesnt need to format C partition at all. if he has any info on D that he wonts, he could just copy it over to C befor doing this aswell

jolancer said:
/control pannel/administrative tools/comp manager/diskmanager....

that might work also.

(IMO: I have never done it that way b4, it looks a bit risky though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom