ultra ata 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rama

Baseband Member
i just read about it recently and got a 80 line conductor. i got my two hard disks setup in ata 100 .

but i fail to see any performance upgrade. even sometimes my windows explorer hangs. well my board supports it. and the device driver shows it to be working in ata 5. so whose screwing up my system.

why man why with me?

It depends on multiple things. As long as your drive's read/write speeds are below 33MB/s and you upgrade to a faster transfer speed you won't see a big performance jump. Its mainly the burst speeds wich gets faster. Set your IDE channel's transfer rate in your BIOS to Auto. Maybe it helps.
It really depends on the harddrive itself. BTW, if your harddrives can transfer files faster it does not mean the overall system speeds gets higher. Only loading/copying files will be faster. I don't know about the explorer.exe. Do you get any bluescreens? Maybe a hardware issue, though I am not sure. Check the cables again and its better to put only one kind of devices on one IDE cable (eg 2 HD's or 2 CD-roms)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom