The Ultimate Gaming PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarDemon

Solid State Member
Well im sitting here with an "ok" Pc (Pentium 4 1.7 Ghz, 512 DDR Ram, and Radeon 7500), but this summer i want the ultimate gameing PC for the cheapest amount of money spent. Right now im just focused on the Mobo, Processor, and Video Card portion. Heres what i have so far.

Asus Motherboard for AMD Athlon XP/Duron Processors, Model# A7N8X Deluxe Retail- $129

ATI RADEON 9500 PRO 128MB DDR DVI AGP RETAIL -$193

AMD Athlon XP™ 3000+ "Barton" 333 FSB PROCESSOR CPU- RETAIL- $259

What im looking for is the cheapest best quality PC availible. What do you think of the hardware i have here? Do you know of better quality (or same quality) hardware cheaper? Just give me some input of what you think...

well...the barton's good.

get the radeon 9800 pro instead.

mobo's alright.

let's see what others might say

*smacks SnS for suggesting GeForce FX* -- you know you deserved it... joking or not. :p

Sounds good so far man.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind when getting RAM. Speaking of it what is good quality RAM that i can buy?

Kingston or Corsair..... DDR400 PC3200 is becoming quite popular (make sure ur mobo supports it tho :p ) good luck building your own computer

Ah thanks Microbell, i forgot that he was running an Abit NF7 (ive heard of the mixed reviews on newegg about those :) ), i was thinking more of Kingston in general :D But yea, for best results WarDemon, choose RAM that is tested and compatible with your motherboard (should be located on the mobo site or the manual)

an ultimate gaming machine doesn't come cheap,..but then again,..i may be wrong. just balance you budget well, before finally reeling it in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom