ugh wtf/why/explanation please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayte

Beta member
ok...I finally got my 1 gb of Corsair XMS Platinum series and was soo happy to put them in. Well... I had been using 512 mb of Ram before of som trash geil value Ram. Thinking i was going to have some drastically better performance, for some reason i cant feel it at all. I played a game (Guild Wars) and my fps seemed to actually drop =/. I Ran 3d mark 2001 (it was free and im cheap :p) and my results was 15677. Tell me why when i had 512 mb of VALUE ram i had up in the 16ks for a score??? I'm confused and would appreciate help, and point me to a place that teaches me how to OC Ram and AMD 64 cpus.
Thank you

Athlon 64 3400+ 2.4 gHz
Geforce 6600 gt 128 mb
1g Corsair XMS Platinum Ram
Asus K8N Mobo with nForce 3 Chipset

Fayte said:
ok...I finally got my 1 gb of Corsair XMS Platinum series and was soo happy to put them in. Well... I had been using 512 mb of Ram before of som trash geil value Ram. Thinking i was going to have some drastically better performance, for some reason i cant feel it at all. I played a game (Guild Wars) and my fps seemed to actually drop =/. I Ran 3d mark 2001 (it was free and im cheap :p) and my results was 15677. Tell me why when i had 512 mb of VALUE ram i had up in the 16ks for a score??? I'm confused and would appreciate help, and point me to a place that teaches me how to OC Ram and AMD 64 cpus.
Thank you

Posting your full system specs will help people help you.

sorry bout that. I have my specs in my sig but i guess its not showing ill post them.

Okay

#1: Timings wont cause a peformance increase really, and the only different thing for the ram was timing

#2: You do not support dual channel

#3: If your not using more than 512 of ram, another 512 will do nothing (except possibly harm)

#4: If your decided to run 2t, your going to see a bit of a peformance decrease

I had one 512 before. Also, What is 2t? The reason i wanted to know why the performance was not really improved is because i figured that with a game that demands Ram(Guild Wars) Why ever would the performance go down?(Or at least feel that way)

i don't play guild wars, but i heard somewhere that it wasn't very taxing on your system. also, like DJ-CHRIS said, if you're not using more than 512mb of ram, then 1gb is completely unnessecary, and may cause a performance decrease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom