uber-fast boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibernate is different from sleep. To enable hibernate, go to control pannel/power options/hibernate, and enable it. Now, go to start, turn off computer. You should see the stand by option, turn off option, and restart option. Press shift. The stand by option should be changed to hibernate. Now hibernate the computer.

When windows hibernates, it saves everything to the hard drives, and then shuts down. You can unplug the power, and the computer will still memorize everything. When you turn the power on, windows will directly go to your last setting, which was saved on your hard drive.

I don't know, I never used it. I think it requires power, so you have to leave your computer on.

I think sleep mode requires power because it keeps stuff in RAM, so it's faster than hibernating.

what are the bad thing about using hibernate all thew time then? surely if it was all good, then there wouldnt be an option to shut down at all? can i use it all the time without harming my pc?

i tried doing it, and it boots FAST.

# Defrag Boot Files
This tweak will stick the files needed to boot Windows together on the drive, speeding up your bootup time. Not really any Battlefield 2 performance gain here, but it's quite nice.
Recommendation: Enabled

# Ultra-Fast Booting
This is a two-part tweak that basically combines the Defrag Boot Files option with a disc defragmenter. As it says it'll help boot times which, while nice, won't really help Battlefield 2. Run this one overnight and be happy.
Recommendation: Run Overnight

The program used to do this is found at:
http://www.driverheaven.net/dforce/showdoc.php?doc=txp_download

I found this niffty info whilst reading throught a BF2 optimization tutorial.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/626/626714p5.html *(Pages 5-6 are the ones u wanna look at for this stuff)

I hibernate all the time and I don't see any harm. I think its just that the shut down times are a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom