Uber Bad Music Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey hey folks i have yet another problem. I have recently solved my graphics troubles by updating my Nforce Drivers and Updating to the latest Forceware drivers for my graphics card. Thing is that now whenever i play Music on my Pc the quality is highly shite. Sounds in games, etc sound fine, better than before even but music has a crackly distroted effect that ir highly annoying. I just want to know if there is any way to fix it other than rolling back to my old Sound Drivers, if i do this my Graphics Card problem may re-occur :(

My specs are;

Amd XP 2.8ghz CPU
1024mb of Ram
256mb Fx5700 LE

My Drivers are;
Forceware 61.77
Nforce 5.10

Will rolling back my drivers make my old graphics problem re-occur or is there any way of fixing my sound?

Do you have onboard sound by chance? If so, there's a good chance that's why your sound is crackling. Onboard sound can be shakey at times. I've noticed sound skipping in a game before, stuff like that with onboard sound. You can't roll back your sound drivers without disturbing the video drivers or something?

u said sounds in games are fine, but music isnt? are u talking about music in games? or are u talking about just music files? if your just talking about music files, what program do u use to play them?

I had onboard sound for a while, and yea, it did crackle. It drove me crazy. Haven't had that problem since I got my Audigy 2.

Games and sound fine. Windows noises sound fine. Its only Music tracks out of games that crackle. I've used various different playing devices as well.

Any ideas?

I believe it IS your integrated sound card. Try updating to the latest drivers. If that doesn't work, Sound Blaster Live 5.1s are pretty cheap these days. :)

No, i haven't got Onboard sound. I've updated my sound drivers as well. The audio driver is included with the nForce chipset. Any other suggestions?

P.S My sound USED to be fine! Why the bloody hell does this happen when i happen to get my graphics card fixed.

so u mean... if u put in an audio cd, or just play and audio file, it will sound fine? but only music ingames crackle?

is it only with sertain games or does this happen with all games?

if its a particular game, did u use the 'Minimal' install option, or the 'Maximum' install option. if u only installed the minimal requirements, then the audio is most likely running off your CD, witch could be scratched or what not.

loool. People are soooo not getting this.

Games sound fine (Music and Effects)
Windows Sounds Fine (Music and Effects)

MUSIC (CD's, downloaded songs, etc) suck balls......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom