two laptop problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

/\/\r-\/\/riter

Beta member
Id really appreciate it if anybody could help me with either of these problems currently annoying the hell out of me on my laptop:

1. Sound Problem
The sound on my laptop has gone really strange recently. MIDI files wont play at all, and when playing an MP3/CD the sound is very jumpy, with small mutes throughout the song. I think this jumpyness is related to the hard drive, because when the 'hard drive in use' indicator flashes (which it seems to do alot more when playing sound), you cant hear the sound (for the length of the flash- normally less than a second). Its really annoying, please help if you can.

2. Adware problem
All this really annoying adware has been on my computer for the last week or so. With the homepage being constantly set to 'http://www.icanfindit.net/?aid=565' and added to my favourites constantly (no matter how much i delete them) are XXX Links...

Anyway, if anyone thinks they can give advice as to how i can sort these problems, its mush appreciated.

chris :)

i don't think it's the hard disk causing your sound problem. please try this: reboot your computer. open your music player and play some songs. open Word, notepad, ect and start typing in something really fast. it does not matter what you type just mash a few keys together really fast. please tell me if this makes your music skip

download the following utilities for your spyware/adware problem:
1. Spyware Blaster(C-Net)-stops more spyware from getting on your pc. Run it and then close it/minimize it before you go on the internet.
2. Ad-Aware(C-Net)- Does a great job of scanning your HD, Registry, and Cookies for spyware.
3. SpyHunter(Google it)-The free versions will tell you the name of the file/entry that it finds. Use the "Find" option in either the start menu or Regedit to find that name and delete it manually. Otherwise, it's $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom