two issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I am currently working on an old windows 98 computer. It was brought to me because everytime the user would dial-in to there isp, after going to a web page the computer would freeze and need to be restarted.(according to the user) I have been able to connect to the internet over a lan. Once in a great while i will encounter the freezing problem. Then i just hit control alt delete and end the internet explorer.

The first of my issues is when i go to visit many sites i get a box that says internet explorer script error. Usually after i click yes i just keep getting more, sometimes the page will not load at all and sometime certain things will be missing. If you click no the page loading stops all together. I have posted about this before and everyone tells me to get firefox. This brings me to my second problem.

When installing firefox, it extracts the files and then does nothing. I have tried different versions of firefox and none of them will work, all do the same. Does firefox even work with win98?

Well, one thing I do know is that the problem you encountered is just another reason not to use IE.

As for the FireFox. I'm not to sure if it works for Win98 or not, I never actually looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom