Two Hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

J20

Solid State Member
I want to hook two hard drives up, one 160gb the other 200gb, what PCI card type do I need? Can someone help me out with that?

Thanks, J.

two hard drives do not require a pci card. If they are ide drives your mobo should have more than enough ide ports and same with sata. If they are scsi drives you will need a scsi pci card in which can have 16 devices on the same card.
if they are ide set one as master and one as slave, but if you dont have enough ide ports you can get a ide card which you want and if thats the case i'll get one from newegg for ya.

Well actually I'm gone have 3 hard drives the master the slave and another one. So XT does that mean I still need a scsi psi card?

Depends on the connection.
I am assuming they are ide because they have such high capacity so no. a scsi controler would not do anything for you.
If you do not have enough ide ports on the computer for 3 hard drives well you will need to buy one.
search for them on newegg.com

J20, what else do you have on your computer? Most mobo's now have two spots for IDE cables to connect to the mobo, and then come with two IDE cables that support 2 devices. If you've only got 3 hard drives, and some optical drive (DVD or CD), then you shouldn't need anything.

hilowe, I have a Dvd buner, CD writer, floppy drive and a zip drive on it. I'm gone take the Cd writer out and get another Dvd burner thou.

Ek, I don' know what SCSI is so I guess I am using ide or sata. So does will this produce allow me to add another 200gb hard drive?

If ur final setup is gonna be 2 dvd burners and 3 hard drives and u only got 2 IDE slots then ur gonna have to go with a PCI IDE controller card bub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom