Two computers - One monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredley

Solid State Member
Can I do this with no fear of damage to either the video cards or the monitor? What I want to do is plug my Dell PC into the analog input and my Mac into the digital input. Then I can switch between computers with a touch of a button on the front of the monitor.

Yes, this will be fine. The Gaming and media rigs in my PC are both connected to my 19" Sony monitor in this fashion.... Gaming rig to DVI, and the other (whoops, not media rig, thats down right now... it is a P3 900Mhz folding machine) connected to VGA. You WILL find it to be a PITA to have 2 keyboards & mice.... lol. I think I am going to get a KVM switch so that I can run a few more PC's from my monitor.

Thanks for the response! I did think about the keyboard and mouse menagerie - haven't quite figured that one out yet. I was thinking maybe one set on a slide-out shelf.

If you get a KVM switch, it will allow for 1 monitor, 1 mouse, 1 keyboard, for multiple computers... some even have allow for Microphone & headphones/speakers to be connected in the same fashion. Typically, they range from 2-4 computers, but you can find them for more, but the price goes up once you geting over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom