TV tuner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I recently built a computer for my friend and I installed a Video Magician into his computer. The TV tuner shows TV, but I can't get the audio for both the system and the tuner to work. I can have one working and not the other and vice versa. Please help.

so what your saying is that....you have sound working in the system...but not at the same time as the Tv tuner?....do you have an out put on the back of the card...plug the crossover audio cable into the input on the computer audio card...and the other end into the output of the tuner....then go into volume controll under entertainment in accessories and make sure nothing is muted.....hope this solved the problem

I kind of had the same problem with my Leadtek TV tuner, when I upgraded from onboard ACÂ’97 audio to a Sound Blaster Audigy 2. I could get sound from everything except my tuner. The only way I could find to fix my problem was to set the TV tuner to use the onboard audio. So now basically the audio from the TV tuner goes from the tuner to the onboard audio and then to my Sound Blaster.

Thanks for responding.
Iceware, how did u get it to work with your onboard video. That's what I have. Could u explain what u did?

I presume you meant how did I get it to work with my onboard audio not video. Well as H4x3r so eloquently put it “plug the crossover audio cable into the input on the computer audio card...and the other end into the output of the tuner....then go into volume controll under entertainment in accessories and make sure nothing is muted.....”. That’s exactly how I got mine to work and I don’t think other TV tuners would be much different. If what H4x3r posted doesn’t work then perhaps you could try using a PCI sound card and see whether that works. It could just be a sound card issue like with my Sound Blaster.

Good luck
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom