TV Tuner PCI Card -- Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
I bought one of these a few months back, plugged it in...(it was a TV/radio tuner, like most are)...and the reception was garbage! I had the antenna plugged in and up as high as possible (higher than my TV's in the same room which gets perfect reception)...

What I'm trying to do is be able to record TV on my computer, so I can store some episodes of things, but with that problem I can't quite do it :p Does anyone know if that would be related to the card, or all are like that or-- It was some weird brand, $40 on eBay is what I paid for it then. (Returned it, now looking into buying a better one, perhaps?)

Thanks! :D

The problem that you are having might have to do with interference from the computer itself.

When i have my computer on, my radio reception close to my computer becomes garbage.

I have a Tv-tuner too, but i plug my cable into it so i don't have any problems with it. (ATI TV wonder pro).

Xula said:
I bought one of these a few months back, plugged it in...(it was a TV/radio tuner, like most are)...and the reception was garbage! I had the antenna plugged in and up as high as possible (higher than my TV's in the same room which gets perfect reception)...

What I'm trying to do is be able to record TV on my computer, so I can store some episodes of things, but with that problem I can't quite do it :p Does anyone know if that would be related to the card, or all are like that or-- It was some weird brand, $40 on eBay is what I paid for it then. (Returned it, now looking into buying a better one, perhaps?)

Thanks! :D
....... ...........:sigh: I have a card just like yours.... :sigh: It's an ALL-IN-WINDER PRO PCI... :(

allinwonderprocard.jpg

Believe me; their is no hope for these cards when trying to watch TV. They are only good if you have a cable connection in your house. Outher than that, They are junk. :angry: :cool:

I have a question that has to do with cable lines 'n stuff. I am going to have a cable modem installed (or whatever), and eventually get a TV card. If I'm not mistaken, cable modems, obviously, run on a cable line. Problem is that there's only 1 cable line outlet in my soon-to-be room. Is there some sort of cable line splitter?

For those of you with reception problems, cable or an antenna in a different room, or by a window, makes the difference. The best option if you dont have cable is to have an antenna in your attic or on your roof, one of those large ones, 6ft in length. Personally I dont have reception problems in the same room, with the antenna in the same room as my pc, just with 10ft of cord, placed above the window on the ceiling. You just have to play around with it. I know a few unfortunate souls who have all-in-wonders, and the quality is not as good as a stand alone tv tuner.

"LineSplitters 2..."

_SiLv3R_ said:
yea u can just use a splitter and split the signal
...............:nerd: :nerd: I think he asked where to get one.Look for one at RadioShack. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom