Tv tuner help wit my laptop!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexqd3

In Runtime
I recently bought a presario r3000 from Compaq witch is an amazing product, with great graphics for game like batle frount and med. graphics on doom3, despite Compaq's past computer issues, and complants. But now i wish i had waited because so much better upgrades are out that i dont think i can get please help me.

First off my specs.
P4 3.0GHZ HT
512GB RAM (will be 1.5GB in a few weeks)
1200 x 800 Bright view tech screen
60GB.
128 graphics card ATI 9800
cd-rw/dvd
wifi B and G wireless card.

Things i want now, and need to know if it can be upgraded and where.

my hard drive (need more space for games)
adding windows xp media edtion
adding a tuner
a better graphics card (i'm told you can't upgrade graphics card with notebooks maybe there is a pci slot graphics card?
bluetooth tech.
dvd/cd burner DL
Can this things be upgraded or is there attachments i can buy.

Please help. Thanks alot in advance!

Welcome to TF.

Well For some of these issues you might consider some usb attachemnts. If you need more space for games try a usb or firewire hard drive for your files like music, movies and anything else you can put on that one. If you cant get a second drive in the laptop. For the dvd burner if you cant swap out the drive you have already you could go for a usb drive again. I have seen usb tv tuners on newegg.com. I believe ATI has a good quality one. The video card is going to upgraded by compaq. I doubt it would be easy to do it your self.

Edit:

Your video card is decent. Is it worth it to upgrad all these components, or buy a new laptop?

thanks alot

you have been a great help. thank you.
i think it will be cheaper to add these things than to buy a new computer i think. maybe the upgrades will add up to a max of 500 bucks i dunno thanks.

if anyone else has solutions that may not need external but inyernal devices please ley me know. thanks in advance.

You can't upgrade a laptop grafix card yourself' it's soldered onto your motherboard and you'd have to send it back to Compaq to do it, it's expensive too.
They used to make PC Card Hard Drives, but there were really small (under a gig), so they're of no use to you.

So basically just get everything externally that you can, and make sure that you've got enough USB or FireWire to run everything. Otherwise, just buy a new laptop and send me your old one; I need it :)

PS Welcome to TF

Thank for all your help. i have recently called compaq about the mother board thing i hope it doesn't cost more than 400 bucks thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom