TV Tuner and Cable box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I have my TV Tuner connected directly to the coaxle cable coming out of the wall and gets channels 1-130 but in order for m to get the higher channels I need the Cable box in between... but when I plug it in the tuner card is no longer recoginized by MCE and gives the "IR reciever is not found" so does this mean I need to have the S-Video hooked up?

Yes you need to use the svideo but you need a card with an IR blaster so MCE can change the channel on the set top box.

The card it's self? or is there another device that plugs into the back of the set top box?

The card came with a remote (that I currently can't find) it had an MCE logo button on top..
no IR output jack tho.

When setting up MCE it goes to page and says "IR Hardware Not Detected"

Your remote should have come with an IR receiver that is usb. On some TV tuner cards there is a port on the card itself that the IR blaster plugs into, but like mine and most others there is a port for the IR blaster on the USB IR receiver. The blaster is just a little IR Eye that you put in range of the Set Top Box so it can send signals to the box just like a remote does. I will see if I can find some pictures.

This is a complete kit with 2 IR Blasters. The square box is the IR receiver.

mce_remote_control_1.jpg

All I need is the Remote?

I have that back in Detoit.. I will be heading back there in a week or so.

ok, so what do I plug it into on my pc? or it works off the same internal IR signal that the remote that came with my ATI TV Wonder would...???

thx guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom