TV suddenly not detecting PC

Gohouri

Beta member
Hey all, this is my first post :)

I got a real strange issue (I have chronic bad luck)

Basically, I have a 760 GTX graphics card (Nvidia) which is working fine on my 32 inch samsung led tv (model number ue32f5000 )

Everything was working fine, turned it off went to work came back and now the tv cannot detect my pc and vise versa my graphics card is not detecting my tv.

Now this is really strange, I have used a different HDMI cable, still the same problem. I have used another TV with the same lead in the same port of my tv which works fine, as does my tv works fine in the output of 2 other devices (ps3)

Now I know for a fact the the HDMI outputs on my tv work as does the inputs in my graphics card. but for some reason my 32 inch TV in suddenly not linking to my graphics card. The 2 cables do defiantly work as i tested them, the 2 hdmi outputs on the tv defiantly work because i tested them and all inputs on my graphics card defiantly work because i tested them.

Now sorry guys, I am seriously baffled as to why this certain tv is not detecting my graphics card and vise versa, it was working fine before till today.

If you can solve this baffling problem, i will be delighted!

Oh and my operating system is windows 7 64 bit.

Oh also I would also like to add that i have tried to use the rigurosly detect tv in the nvidia control panel, just to clear that up, it did not work at all by the way :)

Last edited:
Did you do any updates on the PC lately? Assuming you did try rebooting first. So, the PC does sent the HDMI signal from the GPU to a different monitor? You confirmed the TV HMDI input works by plugging a PS3 into the TV correct, then the problem is the output of the graphics card. Please, confirm that the signal is still being sent by hooking PC up another monitor or TV that has HDMI. If it does not work - then somehow the driver on the Nvidia 760 is not working properly or the 760 itself is not working.

Back
Top Bottom