TV second monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedideal

Baseband Member
I have an ATI RADEON 9200 AGP card which has a VGA port and an S-Video port. How feasible is it for me to buy a 19"-20" TV and use that as my second monitor?

I have my Radeon 9800 connected to a 27''. The scan lines make it very hard to read (unless of course u have a HDTV).

The only thing that it is useful for is watching movies, or playing some games. You cannot browse the internet, see your desktop, etc. clearly unless u are on a very low resolution (less than 640x480).

I'd heard and read the stuff about not being able to see static images very well and not having a good resolution. Trying the two video card setup isn't working too well, so I'm trying to get some ideas for what to do now. I'm fairly certain I want to go the TV route, but I'd love some other feedback. Is there a way to have the TV as my secondary monitor and have games play to it instead of the primary? I might try having the TV as my primary and setting my desktop up on the secondary monitor.

Yeah, you sure can. Right click on your desktop and select properties, the select the last tab (settings) and you can basicly switch eveything arround in there. And like agex000 said, unless you're using DVI or component you wont be able to read whats on your TV. But it's great for watching movies!

i thinkkkk 9200 not enough to put it up on the tv.
I got saw 1 GFFX5900 output at a LG Plasma tv, very cool.

Well, the reason I'm considering the TV is because they're cheaper than monitors and I really don't even have a TV in my room, so it could double up as TV and monitor (although I'm aware of them not being each at the same time). Anyway, I'm going to test it out before I buy the TV, see how it works. Otherwise, I might just go and buy an AGP dual monitor card (I saw the GeForce FX 5200 AGP card had dual monitor (VGA & DVI) unlike the ATI that I have which has only VGA and TV). Thanx for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom