TV Quality Issues

oCourageMods

Beta member
Hi, I have a Samsung TV and when I set it up with my HDMI, the quality is awful. I don't know why it does this because when I set my Xbox up to it, the quality is amazing. I've checked all of the settings in the computer, but nope. Can some one please help me? The model is a t27d390s.

So, renaming the input fixed the quality of the picture? I've never heard of that. Typically, if your resolution isn't set correctly it will look like garbage. The resolution would be set from the pc, though. Either way, as long as it's working now! :)

So, renaming the input fixed the quality of the picture? I've never heard of that. Typically, if your resolution isn't set correctly it will look like garbage. The resolution would be set from the pc, though. Either way, as long as it's working now! :)
Samsung screens have that as a hidden feature. Setting to DVI, PC, or DVI-PC removes all image processing. It's what I have to do to my 4k TV to get rid of all latency.

Samsung screens have that as a hidden feature. Setting to DVI, PC, or DVI-PC removes all image processing. It's what I have to do to my 4k TV to get rid of all latency.

Ah, okay. I didn't realize that renaming it would turn the processing off like that. It's been awhile since I've done any setups with televisions. Thanks for the info!

It doesn't always work, and it's not necessarily renaming it you're reclassifying it. Hard to explain without showing it.

No, I get what you're saying. I'm actually reading up on it as we speak. Good information to know for certain. Hell, I may just grab a tv instead of a monitor for my rig. Probably be cheaper that way. If I grab the right tv it looks like.

No, I get what you're saying. I'm actually reading up on it as we speak. Good information to know for certain. Hell, I may just grab a tv instead of a monitor for my rig. Probably be cheaper that way. If I grab the right tv it looks like.
The reason I went TVs, better options for curved, and cheaper large options. One good example:
https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-D40u-D...=UTF8&qid=1471437650&sr=8-1&keywords=4k+120hz

4k native 120hz and 40" plus the added benefits of the TV part (multiple inputs for consoles or whatever) for less than $400. We have no 4k panels that are 120hz for PC or gaming monitors above 28".

The reason I went TVs, better options for curved, and cheaper large options. One good example:
https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-D40u-D...=UTF8&qid=1471437650&sr=8-1&keywords=4k+120hz

4k native 120hz and 40" plus the added benefits of the TV part (multiple inputs for consoles or whatever) for less than $400. We have no 4k panels that are 120hz for PC or gaming monitors above 28".

One thing I've never actually looked at here, what is the response time on something like this? Or is that not what I should be looking for on a tv?

Back
Top Bottom