TV out on Video Cards - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default TV out on Video Cards

Hi people (first time poster )

This may seem obvious to some, but I want to check before I go out and spend this months rent money. Can a VCR be connected to a TV out port on a video card to record the output instead of displaying it on a TV? I have some friends animation on my PC that I want to share without them having to use a computer.

Thanks in advance.....

Old 04-25-2004, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

my guess is that it is a normal s-video signal which comes out on the tv-out, so you can connect that signal to the tv and the video.

Old 04-26-2004, 01:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

no you cannot do this. your video card must have some kind of video inputs to do this. this requires a cheap TV tuner card ($40) or a VIVO video card. goto your computer local store like circuitcity or bestBUY and ask the salesman what hardware you need to buy to do what you want, they will gladly recommend some specific models for you in your budget range.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

i got a video out cord for my video card would that work ona dvd player or vcr or tv or do i have to buy one of those kits aswell
Old 04-26-2004, 07:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

if the tv out is a composite or s video output, you can plug it directly into your video and record, if you can view it on your tv, you can record it on your vcr.

yes, you wont be able to to record things of the air. since there is no video in.

IMHO with just video out you can record stuff like animations, yourself playing some RT game.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

oops i must learn to read the question before i reply. he's right all you need to do is hook up the output from the video card to the input of the VCR and you can record.

Closed Thread