TV-OUT interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar333

Beta member
I have a tad of a problem. I recently bought a ATi XTasy 9200 256mb pci video card. I just wanted to be able to hook it up to my tv and surf/ play games and just watch movies. Now when i hook it up to my tv through the video-s line i get major interference. Its just wavy lines and flickering running across the top of the tv. i tried everything. then i noticed that if the comp is off and i unplug it from the wallsocket the interfernce will go away, but even with the comp off, as soon as i plug it into the wall , the interference will come back, EVEN WITH THE COMP OFF!!. any input would be great. thanks

what is the resolution (example- 800x600) that u set your desktop to on the tv? ..rightclick desktop/properties/settings

and what is the frequency (example- 60hertz) its at when running on the TV? ... rightclick desktop/properties/settings/advanced/monitor

My resolution is 1024x768 and running at 60hz i tried changing the resolution no luck and i tried upping the frequency to up to 80htz, no luck.

is it a normal TV, or HDTV?

if its a normal TV, u can only use 800x600 or lower resolution. and u can't go higher then 60hertz... might even need to be lower then 60, im not shur.

a normal TV only has 380x420 pixels, or somthing like that... so it will definatly not display 1024x768 properly.

HDTV is different, there more like comp monitor's.. thats all i know of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom