Tv oUt

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummeronfire

Solid State Member
i was wondering why my tv out on my graphics card would work i enable it plug it in a scan channels and stuff while playing a dvd but nothing ever comes up i used to have a geforce2 mx 200 with tv out but it never worked on it either and now i have a leadtek winfast a170 and it still dont work... why i only want it so i can watch dvds on my tv instead of my screen

whats your OS? i'm a noob with these cards with TV out. i'm just curious,..it comes with a driver, right?

Can you see the desktop on the TV (dont try playing a DVD or vid file at this point)?

If not tune the TV to the correct channel (most modern TV's have a button on the remote to change the main input to an aux port).

If you can see the desktop on the telly but then cant see DVD's /vid files (just a black screen or box) you need to change the TV to the Default Display and your pc monitor to the Secondary Display to get round the inbuilt protection. Do this from Display Props/Advanced (or your taskbar if you have an icon) look for something like nView or Displays (ati). When you find the multi display box set up the TV to your requirements (PAL/NTFS).

Dont forget sound will not come through the TV unless you run additional cables from your sound card.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom