TV Monitor Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgulian

Solid State Member
I was wondering if there was a certain size restriction for a monitor? Like if i bought a 42" AKAI 1080P LCD FULL HDTV could i use this as my monitor?

My graphics card is an 8800 GT.
Proccessor 2.6 Quad Core
4 gbs of ram

Also if you can use your TV as a monitor what cables do you need?

Thanks

First off, welcome to tech forums

And to answer your questions, yes you can use your TV as a monitor, the resolution you'll be using is 1920x1080. And as far as cables go, I would recommend using a DVI to HDMI cable as you can get sound out of it that way and won't need speakers and you wouldn't need any adapters or anything.

Thanks

Does the DVI to HDMI cable usually come with your graphics card or do you have to buy it from a store?

Thank you. Is there anything special I would have to do, other than hook up the cables?

Nope. You just have to hook it up, start up the pc, turn on the TV, make sure the TV is on the right input setting and you're good to go.

most likely you will have to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 and you might have to play with the screen size setup.

because on my dads Sony Bravia XBR "46 t.v. i had to play with the settings to get the picture lined up correctly.

you planning on doing any gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom