Turning off onboard video

Status
Not open for further replies.

zavod

Solid State Member
Well, after 7 years borkin' around with the computer #1 in my sig, my dad finally agreed that we need soem more zip. I was excited, thinking that we will soon geta new computer, but lo and behold, brown santa (the UPS guy) brings me a PIC version of a GeForce FX 5700LE. Now, only a month ago, I obtained a second computer (computer #2) from a trash pile ( i am such a hobo), which has onboard video, via a intergrated 2x AGP interface. The instructions that came with the card, of course, said nothing about the PCI version, since every motherboard since 1999 probably had AGP. well, both of my computers didn't. Now, the question/problem/crap i am confused about:

In the instructions it stated with due importance that I needed to install AGP drivers. Is this required for the PCI version? If so, where do i get AGP drivers for a motherboard that has no AGP slots? Also, what is the process of installing/deinstalling drivers and hardware that will enable the 5700 to work like a nice slab of silicon?

thanks in advance for reading, and hopefully replying.:D

what..... I dont really know what you are saying, I got kinda confused. I know for a fact that you dont need AGP drivers for a motherboard that doesnt have an AGP slot to the PCI slots work, that is retarded sh!t, in your BIOS all of the basic hardware drivers that make then things turn on and off should be there.

If you need to turn onboard video off, when your machine starts you should go into the bios and look for a setting that says video or onboard video(you'll find it) and it should give you the option to disable. After you disable it save and exit then shut off the computer and put the PCI card in and plug the monitor into and it should go. If that doesnt work I dont know what to tell you.

I have been all over #2's BIOS, and have not found anything alluding to a video mode, except an AGP speed selector thingy and a shared memory selector thingy (4/8 MB)

Thus, you say that I don't need AGP drivers? thanks, i'll try it in an hour or so, as I'm going to pick up a new case and PSU (i have 110 W and the 5700 needs 350 W) now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom