• A sealed disk drive unit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cas0496

Banned
I leave my computer on 24 hours a day. My question is: Is this a good idea?? Am I doing damage to the computer by leaving it on constantly or is it better than shutting down and powering up each day.

Im no certified expert with 120 years experience but;

If it is kept relatively cool and is stable (it is stable right?) then there should be no problem. I vote no.

I don't think it matters, but if all it does is idle (i.e. not downloading, scanning for viruses, etc.), I'd shut it down. Especially if connected to the net. But then again, it's just me. ;)

It's better left on ... than being shut off n' powered on constantly ...('coz constant heating n' cooling is not a good thing)
If it's not being used for long then it's better shuttin' it off i guess

I pretty much only use it during the evening when I get home from work. When I am away from the computer I turn my cable modem off so I'm not worried about intrusion. I'm also set up with a firewall and all that safeguard stuff.

I would turn yours off then. I usually leave mine on because im always on it, and when im off it i'll soon get back on it later.

Yeah, I turn mine off. I don't think it hurts the comp really to leave it on, but I have electric bills to pay.

I leave mine on during the day and turn it off at night

I have some of my computer left on all the time

I figure that every part no matter what it is has a limited life that could be measured in hours so when my computer is off it is just less times the harddrive has to spin less time the the psu is making power less time the fans have to spin ect ect just less wear on the friction parts

Computer is designed to leave it on for long time and no need to shut it down . Computers in cooperate never shut down. But you have to make your own choice ,there is no definite answer to your question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom