TRUE comp wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadahaf

Daemon Poster
Comp dosent start once it did but not anymore it dosent even have a startup screen...Ive tried my old HD turned on tried my old vid card and took out my CPU and put it back in...now...the only thing I can think of is changing my fsb from 99mhz to 132 was bad idea...hmm also my 2nd fan on my power supply dosent start...but I also exchanged that from my old one wow this sucks...

I currently have a fan on it...and the monitor has two colors of light you know the small one orange is off and green is on and its always a black screen and orange color

Well it will tell you where in the motherboard manual, there are 2 pins you have to connect for 3 or 5 seconds that will erase the cmos settings, and put it all back to default. That should take care of the fsb setting, but damage may have already been done.

'Professionals' use a jumper, normal people use a screw driver, I used a butter knife the last time I had to do that. :p

If you can find the pins anywhere then you can take out that round battery and reset it too.

is this it?:
Jp1 - Clear CMOS jumper

It has a little red box on it right now tho...

mmmm yeah that should be it......... your manual should explain the process as well. Used to be you had to connect the pins to make it reset, but if its already jumpered then I'm not exactly sure of the right action to take here.

hmmm maybe I should have said 'in my day'.... I'm 26 and feel like an old man...27... time for my mashed peas...., I mean dinner. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom