Trouble turning on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Baseband Member
Hello there! I'm having trouble powering up my PC. When i press the power switch on the case, the power seems to 'pulse' rapidly for a while before finally powering up the H/D, fans etc. Sometimes it takes 2 to 3 mins
Any ideas?

Do you have a fan controller, turn them all the way down. Is the fan on your PSU adustable, turn that down as well. I had that issue a while back, Its the 12v rail. What PSU do you have?

Thanks chaps, my system specs are :- Pentium 2.8 Ghz, 1gb ram, Asus 6600gt graphics card, cdr, dvdr, 120GB h'd, 1 fan on the front, 1 fan at rear, and a 350W power supply. I recently upgraded the graphics card from a Geforce 4, but I still had the powering up problem before the new card. I don't think i have a fan controller, sorry, i'm bit stupid

Do you know how to use a multimeter?

I betya it's the power supply that's causing the trouble, you should measure the voltages, with a multimeter if you can

No, sorry I don't have a multimeter, and i don't know how to use one, if I did, how would i find out if there was a problem with the voltage? Do you mean the PC could be under-powered?

I'm out of options to help you. I thought the PC was overworking itself to make the fans work. I guess I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom