Trouble with Sata HDD on GA-K8NXP-SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richnbowl

Beta member
I just purchased a Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI MB, a Gigabyte ATI x700 Video Card, 512mb Kingston Memory, AMD 64 3200. All plugged in well and seemed to perform well for as little as it ran.

The problem children are my Samsung 160gb Sata HDD (M# SP1614C) and after being frustrated with that I bought a Maxtor Ultra 120gb Sata HDD (M# L01M120)

My friend and I got my computer all hooked up and ready to go. As he has more knowledge about computers than I, I let him setup the programming part. It turned on fine read the Windows XP Pro disk and detected everything except the Samsung HDD after pushing F6 in the setup screen. It only lets you load a floppy disk so we took the drivers from the driver cd that the Mobo came with and nothing. We downloaded them from the Gigabyte website nothing. We DL from the Samsung WS nothing. We decided to move the cable still nothing.

Frustrated I bought a Maxtor to see if that would work. Everything booted fine F6 get to the screen looking ok it detected it ran a low format. Formatted the disk and after that nothing. We tried putting in the drivers from the maxtor driver cd nothing. So now we are stuck. He claims he has problems setting up Sata but has really only done 3 himself.

The one flaw in the drivers we are seeing is that most are geared up for the post installation of Windows XP. We are in the pre installation of Win XP and are stumped. I emailed gigabyte and samsung but have not heard anything back yet. I called samsung and they said that the drive was bad and to get a new one. Is this true could both the samsung and maxtor be bad or maybe is it the motherboard? Are we just not putting in the right drivers? Do we need to put in the Mobo drivers, the HDD drivers, the raid drivers, a combination or other drivers? Does anyone know where to find the correct drivers. Driverguide.com had one but it was really a trojan virus, got to love that. I really am not sure where to go with this. If there is any other information please write what you need and in the best detail I can I will try to explain it. Is there anything else we can do or that we should do over maybe?? UMM is there anything we can do. Any help will be nice. Has anyone else gotten to this problem?? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom