Tri Monitor Advice

the1truegamer

In Runtime
All right, so here's the scoop. I'm building a new rig sometime in the next year and I am considering a tri monitor setup. I do a lot of school work on my computer so two monitors is a must for me, but the third monitor is for gaming (Star Citizen). I want to get one of the monitors now, and the other two when I build the new rig later (early 2015). To that end, can anyone give me advice? The monitor I linked below is what I'm thinking about now. Any tips would be appreciated. My concerns are this:

1. Will the color and contrast be ok on this unit? I do not like the monitor I have now because it seems very “washed out”

2. Is there another monitor that is a better fit for me?

3. The price point on this monitor seems ok and I'm willing to spend this much but if it were to get too much higher I might just scrap the whole idea.

4. I am aware I will need a high end setup to game on three monitors I will be doing at least SLI 980s or higher depending on when i build so that should not be an issue. Should it?

What i'm considering so far
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD 3D Monitor Height&pivot adjustable 350 cd/m2 80,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

Best friend has 3 of those run with SLI 780ti. I'd say SLI 980 would be perfect.

I've personally gamed on his rig for a good while. Colors looks good to me.

Best friend has 3 of those run with SLI 780ti. I'd say SLI 980 would be perfect.

I've personally gamed on his rig for a good while. Colors looks good to me.

Thanks PP, good to know someone has actually used this and its not just hype. I think they look solid from reviews and the price isn't much more than I've paid for other monitors, i just need three of them. I have a dell st2420l now and its not so great. I loved my last dell monitor but when i look at either of them now they seem so whitewashed. Do you have a recommendation on a solid tri-monitor stand? Or do you think it's better to keep them separate?

Edit: SP

Pretty sure Drogos here has one as well. If you're looking for IPS quality though, you have to buy IPS or a high end 10bit TN panel. These are high quality TN panels though and for what they are I personally think they look fantastic. Again though if you're looking for perfect colors or perfect blacks you need to look elsewhere.

Ergotech 100-D16-B03 Triple LCD Desk Stand - Newegg.com

nah, i'm not looking for photo real colors. I just don't want it to be bad. I'm happy with pretty good with high frame rate and good gaming. Especially at that price. I'm finally building the nerd cave i've been dreaming about since i was 11.

Back
Top Bottom