Transferring cassette tapes to the computer - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Transferring cassette tapes to the computer

I'm assuming there's a USB connector or something that you can use to transfer the contents of a cassette tape to the computer? I have some important recordings on cassette tapes that I would like to make into MP3 files to preserve them.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Transferring cassette tapes to the computer

Yeah, there is an easy way to do that... I can't remember where I saw that though. The long way is to use a tape player, your line-in port on your sound card, transfer canle and Audiacity.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Default Re: Transferring cassette tapes to the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindoverMaster View Post
Yeah, there is an easy way to do that... I can't remember where I saw that though. The long way is to use a tape player, your line-in port on your sound card, transfer canle and Audiacity.
It's quite easy to do it this way. The only problem may be to select the right input in Audacity. Make sure it is not set to 'microphone'. And don't connect the cable to the microphone input.