Trackballs and gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
Alright, here is the situation: I will soon find myself with two monitors, and am looking into buying a trackball to ease navigation. However, I am also a gamer, and no ease of desktop navigation is worth any sacrifice in gaming performance. So my question is: WHo here games with a trackball or knows someone who does? How do you/they do? What are common problems? What is the best ball for gaming? Is it possible ot achieve the precision of a mouse with a ball in intense FPS games (such as BF1942, UT2K4, Farcry, Half-life, ect)? Any and all info is valuable to me.

Has anyone tried to fly the Desert Combat choppers with a trackball?

Combo second question and bump:
If anyone does gaming with these things, which is generally regarded as superior: thumb balls, or ones that use the index finger? Is it a matter of personal preference?

never tried it, but it doesnt sound like fun. U would prolly lose a LOT of precision.

if u want a top of the line gaming instrument, get a logitech MX 518 or a Razor Diamondback

dhw: LOL "instrument" gaming is indeed a science.
Pepsiboy: ahh BF bots. And if only flying were their only problem...

So I guess it is possible, it will just mandate a lot of practice. As long as it is feasable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom