too much ram is bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i play Everquest with 3 accounts on 1 puter.You start running out of ram fast.Lot of online games take a lot of Ram.

Is there a way to calculate or get a rather accurate estimate of whats the max amount of ram that would allow the system to run its best?

well Deadguy it looks like your comp is using pc133 1GB, there is a difference with DDR im sure. maybe you should just stick with 2 accounts, are you playing all 3 accounts at the same time?

They got these little memory deals.They hang out on your start bar and tell you how much memory you got left.For online games i wouldnt run less then 1 gig.

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2086-10219611.html?tag=list.

Never was really impressed with DDR enough to up grade again.Pined for FSB increase.For the games i play is over kill.I had pinned my hopes on prescott to make the up grade but guess ill wait for Tejas.

I know this isnt related to ram but, since im putting together a pc, i was wondering what would be best to get for a cd rom drive. i have an external dvd burner so i dont really want to shell out money for an internal one. should i get a dvd rom drive, or a combo drive cdrw/dvdrom? and any ideas on what the best model out is?

i had 1 256mb pc2100 stick with a 128mb pc2100
system was pretty fast with this

decided to upgrade and shoved in a 512mb pc2700

definite performance increase this talk about same make size
etc didnt apply to my system anyway

(amd athlon2200xp)

The Merlin said:
Yeah, because with especially a 800fsb P4, running 2x512mb of DDR400 dual-channel is running at 800mhz, synchronously with the FSB, and thus much more effiecently:)
absolutely true, did you read my post in another thread?

DontStealMyFish said:
I know this isnt related to ram but, since im putting together a pc, i was wondering what would be best to get for a cd rom drive. i have an external dvd burner so i dont really want to shell out money for an internal one. should i get a dvd rom drive, or a combo drive cdrw/dvdrom? and any ideas on what the best model out is?
either get a combo drive, or a CD burner; combo drives are not made as fast as cd burners so if you want a faster drive go with a plain burner. I like Sony or LG drives.

well what i want is to be able to play dvds on it, my pc will probably be used more for multimedia, but not so much on the game end. i thought it would be nice to have cd burning ability too, but i wouldnt be stressing it as much since i could always use the dvd burner which burns cds pretty fast too. plextor PX-708UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom