Too many fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its safe to say you can never have to many fans. Its really about what those fans are doing, and at what speeds. You should see ForEverXYoung never ending wall of 120mm fans! I have 7 120mm fans, im considering a 8th.

Ya go for larger fans. You can double to triple your airflow going to a 12mm fan from 8cm with equal noise levels.

Codeine said:
Its safe to say you can never have to many fans. Its really about what those fans are doing, and at what speeds. You should see ForEverXYoung never ending wall of 120mm fans! I have 7 120mm fans, im considering a 8th.

lol, man you guys nutz with that many fans (in the enthusiastic kinda way). I don't overclock so maybe that is why I don't worry about intense airflow. Wouldn't it just have been better to spend the money that you spend on fans to have gotten a better cpu in the first place?

Fans arent expensive. Even if we did get the best CPU, we would still OC. Thats the principle, no matter how fast the cpu is, we would still OC it for better results.

I have these 2 fan ports in the back of my case that I need to fill with fans! All I have is a PCI fan in the back and an 80mm blue led one on the side window.

well, if your heat sink isn't conducting fast enough thats the problem. Get a larger COPPER heat sink, it conducts more heat than aluminum.

1 on the side, exhaust,
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a side fan more effective as an intake, blowing directly on the cpu/mobo? I am looking to set one up and that is what I have read. If so, you might also want to try that.

That's what I got too. Although I have had a case before where the side was exhaust and was set that way when I bought it

Hell yeah, side panel intakes have the best results. Im considering putting a 3rd intake on my side panel. Since i will have dual 120mm exhaust fans on the top. If i do, i wont add it intil a month or 2 after my system is finished. Man, this check bounced awhile ago. I sent a money order, and never wrote down the stupid number. It was for 30$, and those idiots never got the freaking money order. So now im out of 30$, and have to pay 80$!!! This friday i get paid, i have to pay insurance and that stupid bill. I also owe a family member 40$. So i just cant afford anything. Im trying to get my G Skill RAM friday. Oh yeah i took off a day also. So im so poor this next 2 weeks!

well if i do that i will have three intake and three exhaust, would that be ok, I would have two 80mm intake in front, 1 80mm intake on the side, two 80mm exhaust on the back, and one pci slot exhaust on the back

Does that sound like it has enough exhaust compared to intake?

Yeah, you always want the exhaust atleast equal to the intake if not a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom