Too many fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJC1055

Baseband Member
Well I have two 80mm fans in the front, intake, 1 on the side, exhaust, two in the back exhaust, one pci slot fan, exhaust and my computer still isn't cooling like i would like, is that too many fans for the power supply to handle or is it ok? all the fans are 80mm except for the pci slot fan, how else can i get it to cool down, i want it cccooooolllldddd.... my case is pretty cool at 23 celcius, but the cpu is whats not, the fans didn't seem to help much at all.. am i wasting my money?

i have a p4p800s-x mb p4 3.0ghz hyperthreading 256mb geforce vid card, agp, 1gb ram, 2 dvd/cd rw, two 250gb hd's,

any advice would be appreciated, thanks

What is the core of your CPU? Is your HSF stock? If not then get a diff one with better airflow.

If you have a strong PSU, good amount of wattage, and with fans you need a strong +12v rail, so if you got like 18a and above you can add quite a few fans.

I got 4 120mm's for my radiators, 2 side fans, 3 front fans, 1 top fan, 1 rear fan, plus 2 in the PSU so that's 13 fans right there.

13 is the most I've ever had and I've had that many in two different systems. You're best bet for a cooler CPU is to get a duct mod for the CPU and then get some fans for that as all you're doing right now is cooling the case.

Thanks for the quick replies, my hsf is stock, thanks for the links, I might just have to order that new fan. I wonder if any of my local computer stores carry any of that. My cpu is at 52-53 at idle and my house is freezing right now. I live in florida so i know when summer rolls around its going to get hotter than that, so i want to take care of it now before it gets overheated

My cpu is at 52-53 at idle and my house is freezing right now. I live in florida so i know when summer rolls around its going to get hotter than that, so i want to take care of it now before it gets overheated
:eek: That is pretty high for just idle. Mine gets that high on full load. Suggestions:
1. Get a better HSF.
2. Get thermal paste.
3. Get a ducting mod or two here
4. Move to a cooler state!:)

ew, even for a prescott that's high... if that's socket 478 i would definately get a new fan, i heard stock for it sucks, but socket 775 is supposed to have great stock cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom