TNT 2 gcard problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_booto

Baseband Member
hey all,

I've been building up an onld comp, just for the fun of it and i had all the parts so it hasnt cost me any money :p Its an old AMD K6 clocked at 500mhz. anyways i've got windows 98 on it and have pretty much set it all up, the only problem is, its stuck in 16 colors! every time i try to change it to 256 or 16 bit it asks to restart so i do that. but then it stuffs up when restarting, after the windows loading screen i get a black screen with just a '_' flashing and a quick blue flicker in the screen and then it stays like that like its stalled. I've got all the lates drivers for the TNT 2 card and i also put on direct X 7 hoping that might chagne somehting but it didnt. any one got any ideas what the problem is. I'm not completely sure its a hardware problem but yeah, i dont got any ideas, can anyone help?

If there are any chipset drivers available for your motherboard, there is a strong chance that you will need them. A lot of K6 motherboards are riddled with compatibility issues.

I also suggest this first, before re-installing drivers:

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

I have the latest forceware drivers from nVidia, i have allready found out that they didnt help. I also got the chipset drivers and they didnt really help either. Windows will never load up properly, even if i let it sit there for ages and see if it will eventualy load. I think i may just start over again. It's getting frustrating tryin to get it work but....oh well I've just had a bit too much spare time these holidays, lol.

I'll give it a format, Install windows and hopefuly get everything working this time. thanx for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom