Three Monitor Setup - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Post Three Monitor Setup

- I'm a newbie to the forum, and a relative tech novice. But, I wish to arrange a three monitor setup, with one 32'' in landscape and the other two (20')' in portrait on each side of the main monitor. Note, this is NOT for gaming or video editing, but would be for word processing, spreadsheets, web browsing and document search, review and edit.

- For my main, centrally placed monitor, I am looking at a 32'' with 16:9, 1080p at 60 Hz with 8 ms response time. It has HDMI and VGA connections.

- I have sourced two 20'' monitors (same model #) on the cheap, which have VGA, DVI, DisplayPort and USB 2.0 connections (1 up, 2 down). They are 16:9 with a 5 ms response time. These two monitors would be exclusively used for word processing, document review and spreadsheet use.

- With that said, will I experience problems with this potential setup given the two side monitors are not 1080p and lack HDMI connections? What sort of equipment, hardware and/or software will I need to make this configuration work? Note, I have a dual monitor mount for the side monitors, and the 32'' will set on the provided stand atop a riser.

- Initially and at times later on, I will be using this setup on a Chromebook with Intel HD Graphics 400 (Braswell) graphics card. However, I am in the process of building a PC system from scratch, and would take suggestions on a video/graphics card (and other hardware) to make this system work. Note, OS would be Chrome and updated Windows. Appreciative of any feedback.

Tags
graphics card, monitor, monitor not displaying, multiple monitors, video card