Thoughts on Pentium M 770 2.13 GHZ processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
This is for a friend, and I'd rather get word of mouth and personal experience than reading benchmarks and what not. It's a Dell XPS laptop, 2GB RAM, GeForce 6800 Ultra vid, and Pentium M 770 2.13 GHZ processor. It seems as though the CPU would definitly bottleneck everything, but I'm not a big Pentium guy and not up with the latest CPU technologies. He's mainly looking to play BF2 with it, that's about it. Any opinions on this CPU?

Pentium M's are like AMD's.

They run at a lower speed, but can do alot, just like AMD.

I have a Celeron M 1.7 Ghz laptop that runs faster than my desktop, so i use it for Grand Theft Auto. Its great!

That laptop should be fine for gaming, the only problem is...Dell!

yeah dell suk for desktops but i dont think ther bad for laptops, my family has one and it works great, only problem is that they are so ****ing expensive wen they want to be
and no dont even think of buying one second hand because my friend had one and it finally died after like 3 years of only wortking half the time

Apart from the occasional explosion their laptops seem alright, (lol), only the newer ones tho. I personally detest the look of them, with all that plastic tack, but still, they seem fine. And, as already said, that CPU will be fine, and probably very good, I had an Acer, with a Pentium M 1.5Ghz, and a 9700Pro, with 512mb ram, and I could play san andreas, HL2, sims 2, NFS:MW, without a hitch, (shame the laptops cooling duct got blocked), so that should be a good laptop, tell your friend to enjoy it! (And to stick a sticker over the logo!)

Charlie -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom