thought it was mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
well if anyone remembers reading my hectic posts about what was wrong with my computer.. let me tell you that it was not the mobo... I got a new one today and put it all back together to find the same problem.. I turned all the lights off and still the same thing...

Now if you don't remember, I told you that both my hard drive worked perfectly in another computer, i tested another psu in my computer and the same problem would happen... So I'm left with the question.. what is the problem... It is not my hard drives, let me tell you because most people will reply saying it is.. it's not. Good luck on helping me =) and TIA

The PSU is the only major thing I an think of thats left. Have you tried a different one? Or maybe its your cooling thats causing the HDDs to overheat. Or what about the SATA/IDE (whatever you use) cables. Try changing them out. I don't think RAM would have anything to do with it..hmmm....sorry to hear that, man. Hope you get it fixed.

yea it sucks.. ok my antec 550 shows 4.3v on the 5v rail, but even then when i tried the other 450w psu all the readings were correct and it was still doing it... i've changed out the cables, if i go into my bios the hard drives still have a tendancy to "click, wizzzz".. it's the same sound a bad hard drive makes, but it's quite random. I wouldn't think it's cooling, because they never even get hotter than "warm" to the touch...

now it's doing it immediatly on detection, if through the bios or during post it'll do it...

This may sound like a stupid suggestion, but sometimes the smallest things work in life. Have you tried resetting the CMOS battery?

If its not that, it seems like it would almost have to be the cooling, since you've changed everything else out. Try different RAM next though just for kicks and giggles.

damn.. now i'm getting depressed, i have only 1 hard drive plugged in and nothing else, no lights, cdroms, nada... just the cpu hsf is it.. and it's still doing it (i did a cmos clear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom