Those that have switched...

New Quiz Topic?

• "The Latest Technology" (Questions concerning all sorts of newly released and discussed tech news)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Technical History" (names, dates, etc....self-explanitory)

• "Security Breach" (Questions browsing areas of spyware, adware, viruses, etc)

• Other (Please describe below)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
I am, and have been an Intel fan forever. Lately I've been looking into AMD processors and how they work. Only because I've heard that they are better for gaming.

So, I would like to know if, and why you have switched to AMD from Intel, or Intel to AMD. "Just cuz" isn't a good response, or "cuz Intel sucks" or vice versa.

Thanks in advance. -Joe

We've had enough AMD vs. Intel.....but anyway, AMD is better for the gamer because of the shorter pipelines making for lower clock speeds yet better performance, plus, they are 64-bit.

Intel sucks. Well, not really...but whenever I've compared side-by-side an AMD with a fairly equal Intel (or in some cases, even "better")...having the same graphics cards, amount of memory etc. I tend to always see a bit better speed performance with the AMD--from just loading windows, to running many apps, to those games. I never really switched...though I prefer good 'ol AMD. I think it's about time to build another computer though, this one's a bit old. I'm so cheap:p...but not cheap enough for Intel! Hehe.

As soon as 64bit Adobe products and WinXP64 will be released the AMD's will rule in that field as well. Rightnow the P4 HT is the best way to go for video editing.

uh, this kind of question does not go in the hardware quiz....nice try though :).......so I am moving it

--jak

I havent switched yet, but i will soon. anouther point is i think a amd 64 is a little cheaper than the equiverlent(sp?) p4so there is anouther point to concider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom