These new Omegas are AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I just downloaded the new Omega drivers. I attempted those new ATI beta drivers to increase my X800 Pro performance, but although it dramatically increased my benchmarks, it had a great sacrifice on image quality. Plus, there were some problems with PS 2.0 with the ATI beta. I don't know how they did it, but the makers of the Omega drivers released a version of that beta that doesn't sacrifice image quality but still gives that increased performance. I can now play Far Cry with no lag maxed out. Even better, there problem with PS 2.0 that ATI had is gone. Here are my new becnchies....

AM3: 62,878
3dMark03: 12,024
3dMark05: 5,078

remember that using omega drivers will revert the cabstract. the cabstract (in comparison) is the tunnel in which the data is sent through on behalf of the gpu and coresmatch.

I am going to second that these omega drivers are great. I am playing Doom 3, highest settings with no problems whatsoever. Here are my benchmarking scores using these new drivers:
3dmark03: 12,077
3dmark05: 5,503
Aquamark3: 63,008

What about us poor old nVidia users? When will the Omega drivers support the 61.77 nVidia driver?

AND_YOU_ARE said:
Do these drivers work with all generations of ATI cards?

Yes, in fact, they supposedly increase the performance of the 9x00 line in Doom 3 by a greater percentage margin than they do the X800 cards. With AA though, the X800 Pro is still no match for the 6800GT. These drivers do make for some beautiful gameplay with no AA or even 2x AA.

even my 9600?

Well he said it works for 9x00 line didn't he? So whats that tell you. Put the 6 where the X would be and there's your answer.

Beedub, that's pretty cool that you're finally getting your moneys worth. I think it's what I stated from the beginning, ATI rushed out a card to compete with the 6800 and they left to many bugs in it. It's becoming appearant with better drivers the performance is increased. Have you taken advantage of some of the secrets in doom such as the ability to play the old '95 doom2 :D type in

give doom95

in the console to get that. Ctrl+alt+~ brings down console if you didn't know.

Also typing in iddqd will give you a secret message from the developers. If anyone remembers you had to type in iddqd before all the codes back in the day :)

EDIT: BTW considering my system isn't the greatest, I would say it's doing pretty well. I am running doom on high settings at 800x600 with all special effects, no AA though =/ and retaining FPS in the 40's when walking around and it'll drop down to 20's if a lot of monsters are coming out, but the lowest I've seen it drop is like 15 FPS which is pretty good considering how intensive the game is and how 'unorganized' my system is with it's mix and match RAM lol. But I got a new mobo and CPU on the way so that might squeeze out another couple FPS :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom