Are these compatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I am just building a computer and I am just about to order a few parts. I am just wondering if these things are compatable and if there a good choice:

Motherboard - Asus P4S800

RAM - 512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (DDR400)

CPU - Intel P4 Prescott 3.0GHz (OEM,1MB)

Im pretty sure these will all work together. Also im really upgrading from an old Pentium 4 motherboard and was wondering if ill need to install any drivers or anything, or are the drivers installed automatically?

I just thought i'd ask, lets say you, genius's this!

Thanks,
Ciaran aka Timothy

OK, Thanks for that! But now all I need to know is if I need to uninstall any drivers and install any new ones when I put this stuff in?

Thanks in advance!

Timothy,
Yes, you should reinstall/update the drivers for the new motherboard using the mobo CD. Old drivers can be removed from the device manager by going into safe mode

Sign
Codes:)

Thanks. Ill check now just to make sure ill know what to remove before I put the mobo in!

So ill:

Uninstall old drivers
Replace motherboard ect
Install new drivers from the CD (which I assume will come with it!)

Am I missing anything important? Will I have to change settings in the BIOS to the right speed for the CPU? Sorry I dont know much about this!

Also is there drivers for the CPU and RAM I need to uninstall or dont they need a driver?

Sorry for 20 questions by the way!

Thanks again!

If I were you, I would go with AMD Athlon 64. You could get a better processor for the money of the one you have now, and the MOBO's are usually cheaper too. AMD also ROCKS for games.

Just ordered the things I metioned! Thanks for the advice but I am really looking for the answers to my questions posted earlier!

Cheers

Timothy,
Uninstall old drivers
Replace motherboard ect
Install new drivers from the CD (which I assume will come with it!)
Yeah , the drivers CD should come along with the motherboard.

Am I missing anything important? Will I have to change settings in the BIOS to the right speed for the CPU? Sorry I dont know much about this!

Nope, you dont need to setup your BIOS for setting the speed of the processor, or RAM .etc. It will auto detect.. yea, btw setup the system clock!

Also is there drivers for the CPU and RAM I need to uninstall or dont they need a driver?

There are no drivers for these hardware compenents

Sorry for 20 questions by the way!

No Problem:)

Sign
Codes:)

Hey make sure you update your bios i know when i got my new mobo my fsb would only go up to 200 for my CPU and upgrading all that stuff would be pointless if you arent running it at its full capability

Hi again,

So got these parts installed them. Running into problems sometimes when I restart it automatically goes into BIOS and says - "The last time the system booted it hung because incorrect CPU settings"

I have two options, Manual or 3000Mhz, each one doesnt fix the problem! When set on manual though another option is enabled and there is options ranging from '200/33' to '247/54' something similar to that, I have tried several ones of these. I reformatted harddrive and reinstalled XP.

Another problem is that when It does boot up correctly, in XP, I cant install the graphics driver. I install it then after I restart it still doesnt have the drivers installed. It just says 'default monitor' in Desktop properties window.

Also when I boot up, it says CPU 1: Pentium 3000Mhz and below that it says CPU 2: Pentium 3000Mhz. In dxdiag it says 'Processor: 3000Mhz (2 Cpu's). Why is it saying 2?!

Please help me, im sure theres lots of info that would help you come to a solution. If you need any info to help you solve this, please ask and I'll tell you the best i can!

Thanks in advance!

Ciaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom