Thermalright XP-120 of Zalman 7700CU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XP-90C or XP-120 both are pretty much equal. I'd get the XP-90C, because it's pure copper and with AC5, it'll work great. Don't cheap out with the non-copper XP-90.

damasta55r said:
XP-90C or XP-120 both are pretty much equal. I'd get the XP-90C, because it's pure copper and with AC5, it'll work great. Don't cheap out with the non-copper XP-90.

1. The xp90c is heavy than AMDs recommended max
2. xp90c only cools about 1-3 degrees beter, not worth the weight.

Read reviews or go to www.extremeoverclocking.com and search

FadingTheory said:
According to zalman, your motherboard, or evn CPU socket, are not supported by this heat sink. Your putting your money on the line trying it... I wouldn't risk it, unless someone else has done it.

Checking Thermalright right now... will report results in a moment.

EDIT

Cant find compatability list on their site... but the site also does not mention XP boards or CPUs. Just P4's and AMD 64's.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'll be getting an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Newcastle (2.4 GHz, Skt. 754) and a DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250Gb motherboard. I just checked and it seems compatible.

:::EDIT::: diabloII, thanks for the list, I'll check those out.

get a skt 939 3200 venice instead of that, and as i said go with the xp90... its lighter than all those beasts u showed D2... Stay simple with something thats well known and recommended all over the place. XP90 + 58 cmf panaflow @ 38db will be better than all those u showed..

U-Toast said:
get a skt 939 3200 venice instead of that...

I'm going with the Skt. 754 just because I won't be overclocking and I'll get more performance out of the 3400+. If I was overclocking I would DEFINITELY go with the Venice.

actually with the SSE3 instructions the 3200 venice might even beat the 3400

maybe?

and plus, you won't get to upgrade later on with the 754

diabloII said:
actually with the SSE3 instructions the 3200 venice might even beat the 3400

maybe?

and plus, you won't get to upgrade later on with the 754

I've checked numerous benches, and the SEE3 instructions don't help all that much. It's a minimal amount.

Yeah, I won't upgrade with the 754, but my 6800GT is AGP, so even if I went 939, I would have to upgrade the mobo and vid card to PCI-E in the future.

yes the instructions does make the chip somewhat more interesting too look at.. skt 939 = dual channel, 754 is only single channel so u wont benefit from that.

U-Toast said:
yes the instructions does make the chip somewhat more interesting too look at.. skt 939 = dual channel, 754 is only single channel so u wont benefit from that.

Indeed, however dual channel is only a 3-5% increase, and I think the CPU power of the 3400+ vs. the 3200+ will more than compensate for that drawback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom