Thermal Pad removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
ok i got most of this crap off of my friends cpu hs but there still some stuff on it what the best thing i can do to get it compeletey off this CPU HS.

yea ive tried that but theres still a little bit on there. NA di dont know if it will mess it up or not. This stuff is like old and hard as hell to get off.

don't know, because if you go with something harsher then you'll mess up the heatsink bottom.......as for chemicals you could try like acetone lol that should eat away anything without harming your metal

Nubius said:
don't know, because if you go with something harsher then you'll mess up the heatsink bottom.....

Jeez i said a rag not steel wool :D you would probably have to scrub really hard to screw it up,If you have cotton ball's around use them to scrub i use them all the time and they don't do nothing to my HS.

Get a hair dryer, it will turn it into goo. Twist it 180, and 180 the other way, then it should come off.

EDIT: MAke sure you just don't yank it of, my cousin did that, pull the socket out. I was there laughing.

70% Rubbing Alcohol works just fine. Soften it up a bit with a dab of alcohol, and grab a stiff card "Credit card, library card, drivers license, whatever and just scrap it all off. Then clean it nicey nice with the alcohol.

It's easy. Don't sweat it.

Jeez i said a rag not steel wool you would probably have to scrub really hard to screw it up,If you have cotton ball's around use them to scrub i use them all the time and they don't do nothing to my HS
nah, you only saw that comment because as I was typing it up your post wasn't there yet, I wasn't directing it towards you....

I told you to use 99% dark, you said you did, ya need 99% boi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom