Thermal No No (200k image)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your only supposed to put it on the heatspreader
There is no heatspreader. You mean CPU die or core in this case although I understand what you were trying to say and all

Umm I think I made a serious mistake then. I spread the arctic silver 5 all the way across on mine. Should I disassemble it and try to wipe it off and respread it? Can't believe I did that, I just saw the flat part of the cpu and just covered it. :(:(:(

Generally speaking, you should only apply a small drop or two in the center of the CPU die. The heatsink and heat from the CPU will do the rest.

wow that looks like an old athlonXP. and why didnt he unplug the power cable to the fan? lol looks like that thing was pretty new cause the inside looks all shiny and perty. But who the hell puts that much grease on a processor? A+ certification my ass............

Yeah it was new I believe....I mean yeah it's older parts lol, but yeah that comp was just built for someone my friend new, they noticed their temps were unusually high and asked him to take a long and BAM! Found that mess.

I have an old Athlon Xp chip from my old computer, has that wax crap all over it some reason.... dunno why the wax pad fell off the heatsink and got onto the cpu, but would that hurt it? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom